HALLOWEEN DRESS RULES
Students, On Monday October 31th, the Mount Jordan administration will be allowing students to dress in costumes for Halloween. The following are school guidelines with regards to appropriate dress for this fun day.
- Full-face masks are not allowed; you must be recognizable.
- Hats/hoods are permitted if they are a part of a specific costume and do not cover the face.
- No weapons or facsimiles of weapons or anything that could be considered to be a weapon. Please leave those plastic swords and things at home.
- All costumes must meet normal daily standards of modesty, cleanliness, etc. Swimming suits are not to be worn over other clothes.
- No costumes that demean race, religion, nationality, gender, etc.
- Gang related clothing, items, or make-up will not be allowed.
- Administrators or teachers may ask a student to change clothing or remove items from a costume if it is disruptive to the learning environment. All P.E. students should be prepared to participate in class as usual.
- Faces must be recognizable. Students can have no more than half of their face painted.
- No clown costumes
- The administration always reserves the right to deem the appropriateness of all costumes.
Students, we want you to have fun with this activity and enjoy dressing up, while still remembering the purpose and function of attending school.
It was a big week for teacher Landon Smith! Landon was chosen as by viewers of Fox 13’s The Place as the “favorite middle school teacher”. He was interviewed and shown on their program October 10th. In addition, he was chosen by KSL radio for the Teacher Feature. We are proud of Mr. Smith and the great things he does for the students at Mount Jordan Middle School.
On Sale Now for $25
Another school year is beginning and with it comes once in a lifetime experiences, friendships and memories. Hold on to those memories with a 2016-17 MJMS memory book.
Order online at: YBPay.lifetouch.com with
Yearbook ID Code: 12948717
Pick up a payment envelope in the school’s front office.
Have a question?
Please send an e-mail to MJMS PTSA at